Gene’s Shoes Pedorthic Services:
Custom Foot Orthotics:
Functional-A rigid or firm orthotic designed to control motion in the foot joints to help alleviate pain. These devices last around 4 to 10 years.
Semi-rigid-Constructed from a variety of materials such as flexible plastics, high density rubber and other thermoplastic materials. Semi-rigid custom made foot orthotics are used in the majority of cases where biomechanical issues require correction such as forefoot deformities, hyperpronation, shin splints, knee pain, hip pain, lower back pain and sciatica. This type of insert lasts one to three years.
Accomodative-This type of custom made foot orthotic absorbs shock, increase balance, and take pressure off uncomfortable, sore spots and made from softer materials. They are particularly effective for arthritis and deformed feet, where there is a loss of protective fatty tissue or protect diabetics who are prone to calluses or ulcers.
External Shoe Modifications:
- Lifts or elevations on the outsole of the shoe for length discrepancies
- Flares-to give more stability or it widens the shoe, resisting rotation, making it more difficult for the wearer to roll out on that side. It does not attempt to correct the problem, just to impede it.
- Rocker soles-to offload pressure and improve gait-range from forefoot rockers, rearfoot rockers,
- Metatarsal Bars-to reduce metatarsal pain
- Wedges-to give added support and transfer weight
- Scaphoid Pads-to give support and accommodate various arch types
- Metatarsal Pads-various type to reduce metatarsal pain
- Carbon plates-restrict or limit the movement of the foot for met head fractures, hallux limitus, or turf toe
- Heel elevations-for length discrepancies
- Wedges-mild corrections for pronated feet